The 2013 Lego Friends Summer sets are here and, as with other LEGO themes this latest mid-year wave is full of incredible (and potentially wallet-draining) releases.
Like the previous 2013 LEGO Friends Sets, there is a great mix of small sets to build on an established collection and beautiful larger sets that will excite established fans and perhaps attract new ones.
LEGO Friends shows no sign of slowing down and certainly features some of the most original sets the company has ever released. Each set contains some great pieces and even if you aren’t a fan of the theme as a whole, it is hard to deny LEGO’s ingenuity in their set design and their commitment to making new moulds for these specialized pieces.
Let’s take a look at the sets on offer for the coming six months. We will profile each in detail in the coming weeks.
The Spider Droid has been made into a Lego set previously in 2008 as part of set 7681. The Droid is a part of the Separatist attack force and first featured in Star Wars Episode Two Attack Of The Clones, in the Battle of Geonosis. It was then heavily featured as part of the ongoing Clone Wars animated series.
The OG-9 Homing Spider Droid was built by the Commerce Guild and it’s large, bulbous central body contained a volatile reactor that would explode violently if it was hit too many times by enemy fire.
Lets take a look at the set:
LEGO 2013 Homing Spider Droid 75016
Take on the Homing Spider Droid in the Battle of Geonosis!
As the Battle of Geonosis rages on, Jedi Master Stass Allie and a Clone Trooper spot a deadly LEGO Star Wars Homing Spider Droid in the distance. Overpower the droid before it attacks with its articulated legs, rotating head, elevating lower gun and top-mounted flick missile! Then, take on 2 Super Battle Droids! Includes 4 minifigures with weapons: Stass Allie, Clone Trooper and 2 Super Battle Droids.
• Includes 4 minifigures with weapons: Stass Allie, Clone Trooper and 2 Super Battle Droids
• Features articulated legs, rotating head, elevating lower gun and top-mounted flick missile
• Weapons include a Lightsaber and a blaster rifle
• Move the legs, rotate the head and fire the flick missile!
• Use Stass Allie’s Jedi powers to stop the attack!
• Recreate awesome battle scenes from Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
• Build an even bigger Battle of Geonosis with 75015 Corporate Alliance Droid, 75019 AT-TE and 75021 Republic Gunship!
• Measures over 7″ (20cm) high, 10″ (26cm) long and 7″ (19cm) wide