Sounds like the much rumored Lego Movie is going ahead full steam.
Directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller (Cloudy With a Chance Of Meatballs) gave an interview with Collider.com about their latest film, the reboot of 21 Jump Street, and mentioned a few significant bits of information about their Lego Movie.
- The film will be an 80% animation/20% live-action hybrid
- They are consulting with Chris McKay from Robot Chicken
- There will be some Lego licensed properties in the film
- The film is being financed by Warner Brothers who also own the rights to Harry Potter and DC Comics (Batman, Superman etc)
- The animation will be done by Animal Logic (Happy Feet & Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole)
[quote]“I would say the vast majority of the film takes place in an immersive all-LEGO environment… It’s going to take place in a universe that’s made entirely out of LEGO to the point where if there’s water or clouds or like a big explosion, that will be made out of animated LEGOs.” Phil Lord and Chris Miller [/quote]
Check out the interview over at Collider.com