My son’s birthday is coming up and while I was searching the net for Lego Birthday Party ideas I came to the conclusion that parents of kids who love to create with Lego are seriously creative themselves!
Honestly, I’ve seen so many different variations on the Lego birthday cake, Lego favor bags, Lego candy and I’ve even come across Tofu Lego finger food!
Lego Birthday Party Resources
Here are some links to resources as a first step to creating a great Lego Party.
The Official Lego Site has an area dedicated to Lego birthday parties and includes favor ideas, activities and games kids can play.
They include a step-by-step plan for Lego parties and parties in general. While you can add things as you see fit, its a good roadmap to follow if you don’t want things to become too complicated (a good idea when dealing with lots of excited kids):
1. Include a LEGO brick in a padded envelope with the party invitations.
2. Have an activity ready to start as soon as guests arrive.
3. Mix group games with individual projects so no one is left out.
4. Make sure everyone gets to “win” something.
5. Finish up with cake.
6. Send everyone home with a goodie bag.
Lego also have Downloadable Resources on their website that can:
- Decorate the party environment, table, bags and invitations
- Keep children occupied while others arrive,
- Form the basis of party games and activities
- Be used for party favors to take home
Lego Birthday Party – Hall Of Fame
While I couldn’t go through each and every web article about Lego Birthday Parties I selected a few beautiful examples of “Lego-centric Parent Creativity” to get the ball rolling.
Most websites I found not only had some amazing ideas for my son’s party but also had links to other sites with free Lego-printables I could use on the day. Also, most parties were for boys but I am sure girls who love Lego would also appreciate most of the ideas here.
Here are some great places to start for ideas on creating a Lego themed party.
Blog Name: Delia Creates
- Lego Party For: Son Age Six
- Lego Related Party Ideas: Invitations, Games, Cake, favors
- Activities: I Spy the Lego Guy, Lego, Lego, Who’s got the Lego?
- Quote: “The party was a great success. During the party one of his friends remarked, “This is the best birthday party ever!” Sigh…That made it all worth it. :)”
- Address: http://deliacreates.blogspot.com/2011/01/lego-birthday-party.html
Blog Name: Hostess With The Mostess
- Lego Party For: Son Age Six
- Lego Related Party Ideas: Invitations, Games, Cake, favors, snacks, props
- Activities: Lego Race, Lego Memory Game, Lego Coloring Wall
- Quote: “At first, I thought that every Lego Party idea was already ‘out there’, so I didn’t even research on the web for inspiration ideas because I was worried my ideas would start skewing towards all the cute things people have already done. I really wanted to come up with some fresh ideas for activities, decor and favors. This was a challenge, but I am excited with how things turned out.”
- Address: http://www.hostessblog.com/2011/07/a-modern-lego-inspired-birthday-party/
Blog Name: Creative Compulsive
- Lego Party For: Son Age Seven
- Lego Related Party Ideas: Cake & favors (home-made Lego figure crayons)
- Quote: “I like birthday parties. I like the planning. I like the creating. I like the yard full of happy children….Two weeks later my son remembers it all as a fun party and a chance to play with his friends. For me, it was more a reminder to cater to the individual child, which doesn’t always mean following every creative whim. “
- Address: http://creativecompolsive.blogspot.com/2011/06/lego-birthday.html
What About Your Lego Birthday Party?
Do you have an article on your blog about your child’s Lego party and want to share it here?
Add your blog post below to share your ideas and successes with others who are planning a Lego Birthday Party.
Thanks for the link! What a great site you have, I really enjoyed the Ninjago tutorial!
You might want to check out these! I think any kid would love them! 😉
The first one is a LEGO Star Wars wedding cake, but it can certainly be used for birthdays:
And of course the LEGO Star Wars cupcakes would be any kids’ favorite!
Here is where I got the idea for the Lego marshmallow pops: http://www.livinglocurto.com/2010/06/lego-cake-pops
They were fun, easy, and a total hit with the kids!
heres a link to my sons Lego party you found on my blog