A few days ago I talked about the LEGO sales available at the June 2013 Toy Sales in MYER Australia Stores but as it is June, almost all department stores are also offering some interesting deals, including BIG W and Target. Strangely absent this year is Kmart which doesn’t seem to have any LEGO on offer.
UPDATE: A reader has let me know of another Kmart catalogue that includes LEGO – thanks Brett!
For complete coverage of the best deals for Australian LEGO fans check out our LEGO Australia page.
The deals overall are pretty good, though I notice while most stores have the new LEGO Lord of the Rings sets, none of them are offering the latest 2013 Star Wars sets. Which is a shame because I would have happily purchased a few of the larger sets from the mid-year wave if they were 20%-30% off. Hopefully they will be on sale later in the year.
I found sorting through the deals a little difficult but you can find the LEGO Big W Sales here and the Target Sales aren’t available yet but you can view the catalog here.
Some notable deals are:
BIG W LEGO Toy Sales 2013
- 10188 LEGO Death Star Normally $699 Now $598
- 3185 LEGO Friends Summer Riding School Normally $149 Now $94 (available in store)
- 9397 Logging Truck Normally $189.99 Now $168
Target LEGO Toy Sales 2013
- 10937 LEGO Arkham Asylum Normally $249 Now $199
- 10225 LEGO UCS R2-D2 Normally $249 Now $199
You can find more deals at out LEGO Australia page and make sure to sign up for our LEGO Newsletter emails to keep up to date with the latest news and deals.
In Australia it is That Time Of The Year for Lego fans – Yep, Toy Sales at all major department stores including Kmart, Big W, Target, Myer and other smaller outlets.
There are some huge savings to be had and it is the perfect time to buy or put on lay-by toys for Christmas – after all its only six months away as one retailer blared to me on a sign the other day (seriously?).
Sarcasm aside I find myself rifling through online catalogues trying to find sets at the best price and even coveting sets I would never even looked twice at if they were at full retail price.
So what is on offer this year?
Lego Toy Sales 2012
Notable Savings on Lego sets include:
- Star Wars R2-D2 at Target for $199 ($50 off the RRP)
- Harry Potter Diagon Alley at Target for $223 ($59 off the RRP)
- Creator Seaside House at Kmart/Big W for $35 (Brand New and $19 off the RRP)
- Star Wars Super Star Destroyer 10221 at Big W for $498 ($200 off the RRP)
- Star Wars Imperial Shuttle 10212 at Big W for $348 ($100 off the RRP)
- City Of Atlantis at Big W for $48 ($50 off the RRP)
- Lego City Helicopter Rescue (Hospital) at Big W for $63 (Save $11 off the RRP)
- Lego Friends Olivia’s House at Big W for $78 (Save $21 off the RRP)
Other Deals to watch out for include savings on:
- New Star Wars Sets (Jabba’s Palace, Desert Skiff) at KMart, Big W and Target
- New Ninjago Sets (Epic Dragon Batttle, Samurai Mech, etc) at Target, KMart and Big W
- Lego Friends (1st Wave 2012 sets including the big Olivia’s House) at Big W and Target
- New Lord Of The Rings Sets (Helm’s Deep, Mines Of Moria) at Myer, Kmart, Big W
- New Lego City Mining sets (Mine, Big Truck, Excavator Transport) at Kmart
Online Ordering Links
You can order and lay-by online at a few places:
On a side note, I’m super-impressed with Big W for not labelling Lego a “Boys Toy” (Target I’m looking at you…sternly!) and putting them under the heading of “Construction Toys” instead.
One small step for humanity there. Ironically when you select “Lego” under the “Boys Toys” heading in the online Target catalog the first sets that come up are…Lego Friends! Maybe Target are more open minded than I give them credit for?
As more deals and savings from the 2012 Toy Sales come to light we’ll update this page.